Interpretation of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and best practices of implementation
In this course, you will learn about the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and best practices followed in the laboratories for implementation of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The course will start with the concept of conformity assessment, need of standards and interpretation of each clause requirement supported by live examples. Simultaneously, the best practices followed in the laboratories will be discussed which will help in improving understanding the requirements of the standard in comprehensive manner. Thereby assisting the participants in bridging the gap if any, and also improvement of existing system in their laboratories in line with the standard.
- To understand the basics of conformity assessment structure and global scenario.
- Role of standards in conformity assessment and requirement of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- To understand the changes in ISO/IEC 17025 with respect to previous edition.
- To know the best practices followed in laboratories and implement them in your laboratories.
Who should attend
- Testing and Calibration Laboratory’s Directors, Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Consultants, Technician and others working in testing and calibration laboratories.
- Internal Auditors of Testing and Calibration Laboratory.
- Other stakeholders including regulators.
- Understand and interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Do gap analysis and align the laboratories’ management system in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Identify the potential risks in the laboratory operation and probable action to mitigate/minimize the risk.
- Know importance of decision rule and co-relation of decision rule with measurement of uncertainty and associated risk.
- Improve the laboratory’s operation and system.
Alok JainDirector - QCI, India
– Post-graduation in Industrial Engineering with 25+ years of Quality Assurance experience with Industries, National and International Accreditation / Certification Bodies.
– Conducted training sessions on ISO/IEC 17025:2017 in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Iran etc. and has conducted more than 35 nos. of Lead Assessor Course including 4 in Nepal and 1 for SAARC member on ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189.
– Empaneled with APLAC (now APAC), and ILAC as an Evaluator to evaluate the Accreditation Bodies worldwide and has done the evaluation of accreditation bodies of Philippines, Korea, Thailand, USA, Malaysia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Algeria, Botswana, Mauritius, Abu Dhabi.